Top a steaming bowl of chili with a friendly (and edible!) breadstick spider. 8 servings (1 cup chili and 1 spider bread each).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green giant spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can green giant mexicorn whole mexicorn whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough (12 breadsticks)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3 -4 small pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili beans and corn.
- 2Heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks.
- 5Cut 4 of the breadsticks in half lengthwise; on ungreased cookie sheets, shape into 8 coils.
- 6Cut each remaining breadstick lengthwise into 3 strips, making 24 long strips.
- 7Cut each in half crosswise, making 48 short strips.
- 8Place 3 short strips on each side of each coil, placing ends under coil; pinch to attach. Bend strips in center to look like spider legs, or place crumbled small piece of foil (about 3x1/2 inch) under 3 "legs" to make them stand up in center.
- 9Brush breads with beaten egg white.
- 10Place 2 olive slices on each to look like eyes.
- 11Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until "spider body" is light golden brown and "legs" are golden brown.
- 12Top individual servings of chili with cheese; serve with warm spider breads.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauldron of Chili With Spider Breads
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 628.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough
pimento stuffed olives