Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
You've got to try this one! My mom makes it for family gatherings and the recipe is always requested. I make it for friends and the recipe is always requested. It is so moist and delicious, you won't believe it.
- Directions for cake-------------.
- Mix all cake ingredients together in stand mixer and beat.
- (If mixing by hand, make sure oranges are broken up) Pour into greased cake pan and bake 30-35 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Cool cake before frosting.
- Mix together (with spoon) Cool Whip, dry pudding mix, vanilla and pinapple, w/juice.
- Spread on cake; can serve right away, or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
I usually prefer chocolate cake and am not really a fan of fruity-flavored types of cakes. However, this is one of the best cakes I have ever eaten! It is absolutely luscious and I really think it deserves 10 stars! Thanks for posting!
WONDERFUL! I loved this...I do not care for really sweet items so this was a wonderful treat! I used the light cool whip and the light syrup pineapple (that way I could have more than 1 piece!) Thanks for posting this one...its a keeper!
OUTSTANDING! I brought this to a potluck BBQ last night, and it was a HIT! People commented on how light and creamy it was. I arranged mandarin oranges on top for extra fruity-flavor and presentation!