Recipe by s'kat
Posted by request, from the Catfish Institute!
Top Review by Bergy
Light subtle flavor from the lemon and a nice crunch from the almonds. I used Chilean Sea Bass (I know they are becoming an endangered species but I had therm in the freezer). dusted them lightly with flour and cut back on the butter. Enjoyed by all Thanks s'kat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- parsley sprig
- lemon wedges or lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add catfish fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add almonds, lemon zest and lemon juice and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over fillets and garnish with parsley and lemon.