Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Outpost Natural Foods, in their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
Top Review by llthomas43
This was yummy. I omitted the spinach and sherry wine vinegar. I used a 1/4 c of white wine, frozen butter beans and shredded romano cheese instead of the monterey jack. It was luscious and quite satisfying.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add polenta and cook in a single layer, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining 2 tsps oil and garlic to the pan, and cook stirring until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans, spinach, and broth, cook, stirring, until the beans are heated through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and vinegar.
- Serve vegetables over polenta.