1/3 Photos of Catalan Sauteed Polenta and Butter Beans
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Outpost Natural Foods, in their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add polenta and cook in a single layer, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining 2 tsps oil and garlic to the pan, and cook stirring until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- 4Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with paprika, cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- 6Stir in beans, spinach, and broth, cook, stirring, until the beans are heated through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in cheese and vinegar.
- 8Serve vegetables over polenta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catalan Sauteed Polenta and Butter Beans
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 369.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth
sherry wine vinegar