1 hr 15 mins
Pumpkin's Cookin''s Note:
This is a much sought after recipe. Very easy. Most Cassia Bud pickle recipes require days of soaking and changing water. Cassia Buds are the unopened flowers of the cassia (cinnamon) tree that are picked just before blooming and dried in the sun. They are very hard to find. I buy them online at The Spice House. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut unpeeled medium cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2Simmer cucumber slices with 4 cups vinegar, salt, mustard seed and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 3Cover until partially tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Drain and discard liquid.
- 5Place cucumber slices in hot sterilized jars.
- 6Boil together remaining 3 1/2 cups vinegar, 5 3/4 cups sugar, celery seed and cassia seed.
- 7Boil until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
- 8Pour immediately over cucumbers.
- 9Seal immediately.
- 10I process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cassia Bud Sweet Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (4945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3501.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 212.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 205.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: