Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple ingredients combined to create a simply delicious casserole.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- In large skillet, melt butter, add chicken and brown well.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and set aside.
- Cook sausage, celery and onions in same skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice, corn and lemon juice, mix well.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture, pressing chicken slightly into rice mixture.
- Cover with foil, bake 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
I had some chicken pieces and some sausage and 4 grown-ups to feed. I couldn't believe I found a recipe with the ingredients I had and it was goooood! Thanks, Lorac, for the lifesaver!!