Recipe by Fili Eve
Loving the peanut butter/chocolate combination but fancy a change? These muffins definitely tempt the taste buds. (I have a tendency to prefer bitter sweet chocolate yet here, paired with the mild taste of Cashew a good quality milk/semi sweet chocolate approx 40% cocoa solids is recommended), enjoy! NB This recipe makes 6 reg sized muffins but can be doubled with equally successful results.
- 1⁄3 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to gas 4/350F/180°C.
- Grease and line muffin tin.
- Chop chocolate into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Pour milk and vanilla extract into small jug, mix and set aside.
- Using the spoon and not scoop method, measure out flour. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butters. Add sugar and cream again until light and fluffy.
- Lightly beat egg in a small dish then beat into batter in two stages, until well combined.
- Re sift flour into batter and mix in three steps alternating with milk, and ending with flour. Batter should be smooth.
- Finally fold in your lovely chocolate chunks.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- This recipe makes 5 large or 6 regular sized muffins. If making large, extend baking time by 3-5 minutes.