1/2 Photos of Cashew Crusted Stuffed Tilapia
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was created for Ready Set Cook 2005. Not only is this dish a beautiful presentation but it is easy to prepare and tastes fabulous. The apricots add a pleasant sweetness to the orzo based stuffing. Serve with broccoli, carrots, asparagus, or sauteed greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cashews (I used the food processor)
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Combine all Cashew Crust ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 2Rinse tilapia and pat dry.
- 3Whisk egg white in a small bowl and pour onto a small plate.
- 4Lightly flour one side of the tilapia fillets (fish should be covered in a fine dust layer of flour).
- 5Dredge floured side of fillet in egg white and then in Cashew Crust mixture.
- 6Set coated fillets (crust side up) on waxed paper and let set.
- 7Meanwhile, mix all the stuffing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 8Carefully turn tilapia fillets over and squeeze lemon juice on fillets.
- 9Spread Stuffing evenly over fillet and fold so that the thicker side is on top (Use toothpicks to hold together if your fillets are small).
- 10Place in buttered baking dish and replace any crust that was wiped away.
- 11Cook at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cashew Crusted Stuffed Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 499.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked orzo pasta