Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy side dish that goes with almost anything. Adapted from Simple & Delicious.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesliced frozen carrots, thawed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sugar snap pea
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 2-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add peas and cumin.
- Cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until peas are crisp-tender.
I did not have Cumin on hand but opted to use Emerils Essence as I know that is really good on most thing's. The kids loved it. It gave it a different flavor then the cumin would have but it was great anyways. Thanks so much for posting this. We all enjoyed it.
A very healthy 5 stars! I used homemade (unsalted) chicken stock and fresh baby carrots, and left out the salt as I'm trying to wean the rest of the family off salting everything to death. The chicken stock and the fresh veggies gave enough flavour that the salt wasn't even missed, and fussy DD polished off a plateful. Little brother DS was less willing but we managed a few bites (better than nothing as he's very picky) I served the kids theirs first without the cumin and pepper .. and added cumin and pepper to DH and mine .. both ways are good, and this was easy to make. Please see my Rating System: an excellent 5 stars for a recipe that gives maximum taste for minimum effort and if you can use homemade chicken stock it's super healthy too. DD finishing her plate was the finishing touch... to build on this veggie success I will be making this regularly, Thanks!