Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These carrots go so well with really spicy food as a balance
- 8 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Place carrots in a buttered 11/2-qt. casserole.
- Mix milk, sugar, salt, and pepper together. Pour over carrots. Dot with butter and sprinkle parsley over the top.
- Cover the casserole tightly and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until carrots are fork tender.
I had to use cut up baby carrots because I was out of regular ones; the recipe still worked out great. The carrots and milk cook up very mild and sweet. Great for kids! I agree, these do balance out with something very spicy. I will make these again, and I will try half tarragon and half parsley next time. Thanx for a great carrot dish.