Recipe by Julesong
A flavourful pasta sauce. Perfect for using up leftover ham.
Top Review by sparky955
Really, really awesome. Not nearly as salty as I thought it would be; used low-sodium canned broth, of course. Also used probably a 1/4 cup ginger (hey, I like ginger & I cut up too much anyway) & spiral pasta & it still turned out marvelous. Thank you SO much for posting this!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 ounces thinly sliced light ham, cut into 1/4 by 1 inch strips
- 3 cups chicken broth, boiled until reduced to half
- 1⁄4 lb carrot, shredded (about 1 cup packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or saucepan on medium heat, heat the oil with the garlic and onion.
- When the onion and garlic sizzle, add the ham and sauté about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, raise the heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in carrots and ginger.
- When broth returns to a boil, stir in parsley.
- Pour over (or toss with) cooked pasta, preferably spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine.