You can also make this an all-carrot bread by substituting the grated zucchini for an additional 1.5 cups grated carrot. To cut down on some fat, try substituting equal part unsweetened applesauce for the oil (for a little extra flavor and texture, add 2 tbsp of oil along with the applesauce). Try adding some chocolate chips, nuts, or cinnamon to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 365*. Grease an 8”x 3” loaf pan, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and the oil; mix well.
- Add the raisins, carrots, and zucchini; mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix (be careful not to overmix!).
- Lastly, fold in the brown sugar.
- Pour the mixture into loaf pan and bake for around 55 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling for 5 minute.
This was fantastic!!! I used chocolate chips instead of rasins. Very cake like and delicious, great way to "hide" vegis from the kids!!!
I'm scrambling to make another dessert for a dinner party starting in 1 1/2 hours! I had to toss it, that's how awful it tasted. Don't waste your time and money.