1 hr 15 mins
Chef #505447's Note:
A delicious and hearty soup that is great for post-fall time!
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 lbs carrots (slicing grade)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 11. Scrub and rough dice carrots.
- 22. Use a large spoon to toss carrots in large bowl with half of the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 33. Transfer to baking pan and roast in oven 10-20 minute or until soft.
- 44. Peel and rough dice onions.
- 55. Toss in a large bowl with the rest of the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 66. Transfer to baking pan and roast 8-15 minute or until done.
- 77. Transfer carrots and onions along with roast liquid from pan to kettle on stove and heat over medium heat until vegetables are very soft.
- 88. Thin using vegetable stock; (see attached recipe) adjust to baby food consistency. (Most of the stock will be used).
- 99. Puree soup mixture using blender or food processor.
- 1010. Stir in cream.
- 1111. Adjust soup to thin applesauce consistency using stock.
- 1212. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1313. Check temperature of soup (should be maintained at approximately 160º).
- 1414. Preheat griddle to 350°.
- 1515. Julienne cut sage.
- 1616. Hand chop walnuts roughly.
- 1717. Saute sage and walnuts with olive oil on griddle until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 1818. Portion soup into ½ cup servings using ½-cup spoodle.
- 1919. Garnish with sage and walnut mixture.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g