Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use lettuce instead of spinach in this. You can use cooked carrots in this instead of raw if desired.
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 drops lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 carrots, julienne
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Blend sour cream, cottage cheese, Tabasco, lemon juice until smooth. Add parsley, salt and pepper and blend a few seconds longer.
- Pour dressing over carrots and mix (be gentle if using cooked carrots).
- Arrange spinach in 4 bowls, and spoon carrots in center of bowls. Top with almonds and cherry tomatoes.
I was looking for a substitute for the Mayonaise that is usually in the Southern carrot and raisin salad. This dressing is grand....I did not do the recipe as it is written, since I already had grated my carrot, added chopped dates, since someone ate my raisin stash, and had chopped candied ginger for heat. Gonna roast some almonds now, after reading the recipe. Thanks you.
This is yummy! I too shredded the carrots and I didn't use the spinach. Loved the almonds, the crunch was lovely with the crisp fresh carrots, The salad made a great side for tonights chicken.
Great tasting salad, for sure! Followed your recipe right on down, although I did shred the raw carrots instead of slicing them thin! Will be making this one again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]