Sweet, crunchy, easy and tasty for pot luck, outdoor parties.I used kefir which I make thick by straining the whey. I just made again for the Fourth of July adding Pineapple and so so good!
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1⁄2 cup kefir or 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon verbena leaves (use a mix of all) or 2 tablespoons lime basil (use a mix of all) or 2 tablespoons parsley (use a mix of all)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, optional for more creaminess
- 5 cups fresh shredded carrots
- 3⁄4 cup marcona almonds, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, rough chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried mango, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (optional)
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Add remaining ingredients toss and chill for 1-24 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.