Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups ground or grated carrots (I put them in the food processor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup flaked hazelnuts
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 13" inch pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, 1 cup hazelnuts, raisins and pineapple.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes.
- Sides should pull away from pan.
- Don't worry if the center sinks a bit, it's OK.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Using an electric mixer combine the butter and cream cheese until smooth and well mixed.
- Add the confectioners sugar and 1/2 cup hazelnuts and beat until well mixed.
- Spread icing over cooled cake.
Hey, might as well have your cake and eat your veggies too!!!! This is a wonderful recipe...so full of different textures and flavors. Thank you so much for posting this. It is definitely a keeper in my recipe file:) ~Manda