Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but it looks absolutely yummy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups grated peeled uncooked potatoes
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; add 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until melted.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Decided to try this for you, and very tasty it was too, though I did add 1 teaspoon of mustard powder to add some zing. Some leftovers for tomorrow and I think it will taste just as nice cold.