Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Delightfully Southern; posted by request
Top Review by Boomette
I made 6 muffins with this recipe. I used only all purpose flour. They are moist. The only thing I have to complain is that they don't taste enough carrot. It would be better with more carrot. And also next time I'll double the recipe to have 12 muffins. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to mix.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, and melted butter; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moist and lumpy batter forms.
- Stir in carrots and poppy seeds.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.