From Delightfully Southern; posted by request
Make and share this Carrot-Poppy Seed Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; stir to mix.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, and melted butter; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moist and lumpy batter forms.
- Stir in carrots and poppy seeds.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I made 6 muffins with this recipe. I used only all purpose flour. They are moist. The only thing I have to complain is that they don't taste enough carrot. It would be better with more carrot. And also next time I'll double the recipe to have 12 muffins. Thanks ratherbeswimmin :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Very tasty muffins, the carrots & poppy seeds make a nice pairing. Not sure why but this recipe only made 14 muffins for me in a double batch (which would only be 7 muffins if I had made as written). You will definitely want to 3-4x this recipe or so to get a larger batch. Lastly, watch bake time closely and pull as soon as they are ready. Mine were a bit dry but I think it was my fault for pulling them to late. Thanks!