Recipe by 101794
A breakfast I designed for my boyfriend. It's still a work in progress; having since dropped in on a Pakistani supermarket I'm just packed with ideas...in the meantime, here it is.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 4 carrots
- 1⁄2 tablespoon masala (or substitute with your own spice mix...I happen to use an Indian tea melange I love)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Process carrots. If, like me, you do not have a processor, I recommend dicing the carrots into slices and placing them in a microwave-safe cup. Microwave until soft, then mash within the cup with a spoon.
- Add flour to beaten eggs, then the carrot "paste".
- Season to your tastes, or follow my example (sugar, salt, mélange, nutmeg, cinnamon). Mix well.
- Heat butter in a frying pan at medium heat.
- Pour batter into frying pan, to desired size--be conscious of your size as it effects overall servings per capita. :) I made this to serve two people, but of course that's entirely up to you.
- Brown pancake for approximately five minutes on either side -- the spices in the batter closest to the side of the pancake being cooked should become prominent when ready.
- Serve with butter and whipped cream. My boyfriend likes Nutella too. :P.