1/1 Photo of Carrot Muffins With Raisins and Dried Pineapple
Now you can have carrot cake in a muffin! To make these even more like carrot cake, use your favourite cream cheese icing to take them over the top! You can even make them into tropical carrot cake muffins with a few substitutions. This recipe is adapted from "Scones, Muffins and Tea Cakes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 177.44 ml oil or 177.44 ml canola oil (good)
- 236.59 ml honey
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml dried currants or 236.59 ml dried papaya
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 177.44 ml chopped dried pineapple or 177.44 ml dried mango or 177.44 ml dried papaya
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon or 9.85 ml nutmeg (can be omitted if going the tropical route)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease 18 muffin cups, set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4Add buttermilk, oil, honey and vanilla and mix together until well blended.
- 5With a wooden spoon, stir in the carrots, raisins, pecans and pinepple.
- 6In a small bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 7Gently fold the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and mix until just blended (don't overmix).
- 8Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling to the top.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- 10Let cool for five minutes in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Muffins With Raisins and Dried Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (1749 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: