Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another yummy soup that I like to prepare during the Fall season.
Top Review by Ridgely
This is a great tasty soup that filled me right up. I doubled the recipe for my family. My husband is out of town, so it was just me and the kids-to be honest the kids didn't go for it, but that's okay -more for me! Thanks for sharing, I will be making this again!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Saute onions until tender.
- Add carrots, cumin, and salt; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Spread out pecans on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven at 350°F for 8 minutes or until 1 shade darker.
- Toss pecans with 1 teaspoon butter and add salt to taste; set aside.
- Pour soup into a blender container (may have to do in 2 batches).
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour soup into bowls and sprinkle with pecans on top.