Cook1 hr 15 mins
Along with its vegan counterpart, this recipe was found in As You Like It Cookbook, 2001. Preparation time does not include time needed for the finished loaf to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then oil & flour a 10"x6" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder & salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the egg, milk, maple syrup, oil & vanilla, mixing well, before stirring in the carrots.
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the liquid ingredients, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan & bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes, or just until a wooden tootpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to sit in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the loaf by inverting the pan onto a wire rack.
- Turn the loaf right side up & let it cool to room temperature before slicing & serving.