Recipe by MizzNezz
These cookies are delicious. And nutritious as well!! So yummy!!!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I couldn't wait to try these and right enough I ended up making them today. I substituted the orange rind with 2 tbsps. of orange essence and these are for sure " YUMMMMMMMMMMY "! I really enjoyed having them this evening with some tea. Thank you for this easy and nutritious cookie. I also made some of these with a little(2-3 drops) food colour. I used pink and green food colours and hence, I made what I've most happily called "Stained carrot cookies".
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated carrots
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Ad egg and orange rind.
- Combine flour, salt,baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with carrots.
- Mix to form dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet about 2 in.
- Bake at 375* for about 12 minutes or until very light brown around the edges.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.