Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are delicious. And nutritious as well!! So yummy!!!
Make and share this Carrot Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Ad egg and orange rind.
- Combine flour, salt,baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with carrots.
- Mix to form dough.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet about 2 in.
- Bake at 375* for about 12 minutes or until very light brown around the edges.
- Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.
I couldn't wait to try these and right enough I ended up making them today. I substituted the orange rind with 2 tbsps. of orange essence and these are for sure " YUMMMMMMMMMMY "! I really enjoyed having them this evening with some tea. Thank you for this easy and nutritious cookie. I also made some of these with a little(2-3 drops) food colour. I used pink and green food colours and hence, I made what I've most happily called "Stained carrot cookies".
These were good, reminded me of a cake doughnut. I discovered an easy way to make the grated orange peel --Used paring knife to cut off pieces of orange peel, put them in food processor, added the egg and 1/3 cup of the flour and gave it a spin until orange bits were small enough, then added it to sugar/butter mixture. These cookies and my carrot cookies are very different in texture and flavor
These were GREAT! Loved the combination of carrots with a hint of orange. It gave such a light, refreshing flavor--not too sweet.