1/1 Photo of Carrot Cake Scones
1 hr 20 mins
In 'A Passion for Baking' by Marcy Goldman
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely minced
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup golden raisin (or minced dried pineapple)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened (4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 to 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; stack two baking sheets together and line the top sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Arrange oven rack to upper third position.
- 3In a food processor, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, orange zest, and walnuts; blend briefly.
- 4Add in butter and pulse to make a coarse, grainy mixture; turn out into a large bowl.
- 5Make a well in center and stir in buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
- 6Stir with a fork to make a soft batter, then fold in the carrots and raisins; let rest 5 minutes.
- 7Pat or press out dough to 3/4-inch thickness on a floured work surface.
- 8Cut into 3-inch rounds; place on prepared baking sheets; bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- 9Cool scones on a wire rack.
- 10Meanwhile, make glaze--place cream cheese, powdered, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla in clean food processor; process to make a smooth glaze.
- 11When scones are completely cooled, spread generously with cream cheese glaze.
- 12Top with toasted coconut, carrot shreds, orange zest, and cinnamon.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Scones
Serving Size: 1 (1391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 310.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: