Cook1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was passed along many years back and has been the recipe I have used for carrot loaves ever since. By adding an additional cup of mixed glaced fruit it makes for a special holiday loaf come Christmas. If adding the additional fruit you may need to add approximately ten to fifteen minutes to the baking time. Icing with your favorite cream cheese icing adds to this delicious loaf. I also use this recipe to make Christmas Muffins - using holiday muffin cup liners. Before baking I press a cherry in the centre and make petals by using 5 blanched almonds (pointy end to cherry) Makes for great presentation. Served in a footed server with the glass dome lid has you getting raves before they take their first bite!
- In bowl: beat eggs until smooth and creamy, add sugar, oil, milk, vanilla and beat well.
- In large bowl combine and whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Make well in dry ingredients, add the egg mixture mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in grated carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans ( approximately 9 x 5 and preferably lined) baking in a 350 oven 60 - 70 minute. (ovens vary).
- Remove from oven, place on wire rack until cooled completely.
- Remove from pan, wrap in foil, refrigerate overnight before slicing.
This is an OUTSTANDING CARROT CAKE LOAF. I chose NOT to add the GLACE FRUITS, otherwise followed recipe. It made a very light, moist, loaf bread excellent with tea/coffee! I liked it because it wasn't heavy/dense as most of carrot cake recipes I tried. A keeper in my file! Thanks for posting Gerry!
This is a marvelous recipe. I added 1 cup of glace fruit as recommended in the "About this Recipe" box. This made 16 large muffins that baked in a 350 dergree oven for 30 minutes.
Thanks for sharing your 5 star recipe!
Thanks Gerry for this great recipe. It is wonderful. I added a full one-half cup of candied cherries to this and it was sooooo pretty. Otherwise, I followed directions. The only thing is I couldn't wait to taste it, so I did not refrigerate it before slicing, but cut a piece while it was semi-warm and put butter on it. Oh, wow! Will make this again.