Macadamia Nut Muffins
Another moist and flavorful muffin favorite. I have many macadamia nut recipes that I whip out at Christmas time. This one is a keeper.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms of 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, coconut, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, cardamom and salt. Make well in center; whisk in milk, oil and egg until just moistened. Spoon into muffin cups. (I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon & sugar on top before baking.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool in pan on wire.
- rack 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation