Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are just like a piece of Carrot Cake. Delicious. Pop them in the freezer and you will always have a quick dessert when you need it. My youngest granddaughter likes to have me make cupcakes. She thinks they are just for her. I like to use Marg (Cayman Designs) Butter Cream Icing (Buttercream Frosting) on these and if you want it a traditional Carrot Cake Frosting, throw in some cream cheese to her frosting. Good!
Top Review by stormyfour
What a great recipe. It is so moist and full of flavor!! I was looking for a recipe to use up a large batch of carrots and this was better than I expected. They DO freeze nicely and once thawed maintain their moist flavor!! This is a keeper, think I will go make more now! OH, they are SO good they do NOT need the icing, great for a quick breakfast on the run, without it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat the oil and sugar; add the eggs, one at a time mixing well.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well.
- Grate the carrots (I do it in a food processor) and add to the above.
- Add walnuts and coconut.
- Use cupcake papers that have been lightly sprayed with vegetable spray and fill two-thirds full.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and frost when cool.
- I like a butter frosting but a cream cheese frosting is great too.