Recipe by redhot
Serve this with my recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting
Top Review by I'mPat
Made this for the DS to take to his music recreation group and they liked it though they found it a bit crumbly. I used a 33cm x 23cm (13"x9") pan and baked for 50 minutes in a 175C fan forced oven. I iced it using recipe #424358. Thank you redhot, made for Bargain Basement.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded raw carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, oil and eggs.
- Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake pans or in a 13x9-inch pan and bake in a 350 oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before filling and icing.