1/1 Photo of Carrot Cake
1 hr 30 mins
With the moist texture of a steamed bread, this cake is scrumptious! Recently tested out on a dinner party of over 40 people, not a crumb was left! The topping is a must as it brings it all to life. The recipe also calls for 1 Tbl Fiber Sure** to be added to the ingredient list. Zaar is not accepting this as an ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed*
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder, very slightly rounded
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup apple, grated with peel on
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- pecans, to top
- 1NOTE: The recipe also calls for 1 Tbl Fiber Sure to be added to the ingredient list. Zaar is not accepting this as an ingredient.
- 2Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 3Prepare a 13 by 9 pan, lining it with parchment paper (or grease and flour it lightly).
- 4In a large bowl, whip the eggs and egg yolks to a froth.
- 5Add maple syrup, yogurt and oil, mixing well.
- 6*For the lemon juice, heat your lemon under hot water then roll with your hand, with a bit of pressure, on the counter. This helps to release the juice.
- 7Measure 1 Tbl of the lemon juice into a small cup along with the extracts and Fiber Sure (or other brand of fiber supplement), mixing well to dissolve the Fiber Sure.
- 8In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder and spices.
- 9Add the pecans, apple and carrot to the dry ingredients.
- 10Blend the dry and wet ingredients without over stirring.
- 11Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 12Bake @ 350F for approximately 45 minutes or till cake tests done (lightly pressed with your finger tip, it should spring back).
- 13Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- 14Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, whip the cream cheese till creamy.
- 15Add the maple syrup and extract, blending well.
- 16Separately, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- 17Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture to blend without over mixing.
- 18Spread with a light hand over the cooled cake and top with pecans if desired.
- 19Note - cooling time is not included.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g