Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here is a carrot and apple recipe that makes a good side dish.
- 3 carrots, pared and cut into about 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 -3 apples, peeled and sliced into fairly thick wedges
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Cook carrots in boiling water until barely tender.
- Do not overcook them because they are going into the oven.
- Drain and mix the carrots and apples in a baking dish that has been lightly buttered.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon, sprinkle over the carrot and apple mixture. Dot with the butter.
- Pour the orange juice over all and bake 350: for about an hour.
- This dish can be expanded very easily.
This recipe could almost pass as a dessert. It was very easy & quick to prepare and a great way to "flavor up" the carrots.