Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an exceedingly simple salad native to France. It's the only vegetable Parisians will eat raw, apparently!
- 5 -7 carrots
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- Peel and finely grate carrots.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, (and mustard if desired) in a small mixing bowl.
- Rough chop the parsley.
- Combine everything in serving bowl.
- Adjust spices and oils to taste.
I cut this in half and I did use the dijon mustard. I let it sit a couple hours in the fridge to marry. It was delicious. Thanks for posting.
What a great fresh way to serve carrots! I halved the recipe and did use about 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon; I thought it gave the carrots a wonderful flavor. Served with baked chicken and really enjoyed this - thanks for posting your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010