1/1 Photo of Carol's Brownie Drops (Chocolate Cookies)
Bone Man's Note:
Expensive, decadent, and there's probably something in the Old Testatment banning them..... because they're so GOOD! This is my mother-in-law's favorite family cookie recipe. Best cookies I ever ate. Since all she does all day long is cook and take care of her home, I'd say that these babies rate right up there. Heck, make a double batch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate and butter over hot water. Cool.
- 2Beat eggs in mixer until foamy, (using a Kitchen Aide, use the regulat mixer, not the whisk), then add the sugar, two tablespoons at a time (it's 12 tablespoons, converted).
- 3Beat in mixer until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 4Blend in chocolate.
- 5Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- 6Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- 7Using a regular cereal spoon (about 2/3 of a tablespoon in quantity), drop the mix balls on to a greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should feel "set" when done.
- 9Cool slightly on sheet before storing/eating.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Brownie Drops (Chocolate Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 17.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g