Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Expensive, decadent, and there's probably something in the Old Testatment banning them..... because they're so GOOD! This is my mother-in-law's favorite family cookie recipe. Best cookies I ever ate. Since all she does all day long is cook and take care of her home, I'd say that these babies rate right up there. Heck, make a double batch!
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water. Cool.
- Beat eggs in mixer until foamy, (using a Kitchen Aide, use the regulat mixer, not the whisk), then add the sugar, two tablespoons at a time (it's 12 tablespoons, converted).
- Beat in mixer until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Using a regular cereal spoon (about 2/3 of a tablespoon in quantity), drop the mix balls on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should feel "set" when done.
- Cool slightly on sheet before storing/eating.
I was in the mood to make some sort of chocolate cookie and I sure impressed all of us with these babies! Thanks!
These were a huge hit at the Christmas eve party I made them for. Delicious. Thanks for sharing this one.
These have to be the most delicious, decadent wonderful chocolate cookies, I am making more to serve at the holidays, watch closely the bake fast! so glad I tryed this recipe! Thank you Bone Man (and Carol)....Kittencal:)