1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is a collaboration of chili recipes from the folks down south who love a spreadable chili for their "winner wieners" right off the grill! This recipe is very tweakable to your tastebuds liking! Make it your own by adding more or less of what you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1/2 medium onion (grated or finely chopped)
- 2 cups water (only to cover chuck)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (more if you used less cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar (less if you used more mustard)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1Start by breaking up the ground chuck into small pieces, and place into a medium sauce pan or pot. Cover with water, only to cover the meat. No need to drown it! Add minced or small diced onion. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium/low. Let simmer until meat is very fine. Hint: Sometimes I use a potato masher to help break it up and make it finer. Drain chuck over another bowl. KEEP THE LIQUID! You may want to add some later to make the chili thinner.
- 2Add the meat back to the sauce pan/pot, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 3PLEASE REMEMBER to add more or less of each ingredient to tweak recipe to your tastebuds! This is YOUR recipe, you really can't mess it up!
- 4Simmer on LOW for as long as you like, adding liquid from drained chuck, and/or other ingredients if desired. The longer you simmer, the more flavorful your chili becomes.
- 5Double or Triple your recipe. Store in freezer bags or microwavel containers.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carolina's Best Chili for Dogs, Burgers, and Fries
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 360.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.6 g