Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had this when I was growing up. Now, when I need a quick meal idea and have ground meat in the freezer and cream cheese in the 'frig., I often make this family-pleaser. It may not be the most attractive dish, but it is tasty! I usually serve it over rice...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive (optional)
- cooked rice or noodles or biscuit
- Brown beef with onions.
- Drain off any fat.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Serve on rice, noodles, or biscuits.
- **Myfamily likes me to go easy on the onions, so I use less than 1 cup chopped onions.
This is similar to a recipe I have made in the past. It is very good, but mine calls for the macaroni noodles to be cooked and added into the casserole. Then cover with cheese at the end and bake for a little longer.
We really enjoyed this, and it was a great recipe for one of those "mommy was playing with the kids and forgot to make dinner" afternoons. I followed the ingredients except had to use dried minced onion while browning the meat. Following the comments of shevonn, I added cooked macaroni to this and baked in the oven topped with parm and dots of butter. Quite tasty and I'll make again. Thanks for sharing a recipe for a quick, easy, tasty dinner! I didn't add olives because I didn't have any in the house.
Enjoyed this recipes, it was thick and creamy. I served it over noodles. I did add the olives and it added a zing to the recipe. I would make this recipe again.