Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
have not tried it yet..but wanted to post if so I would not loose recipe
- 14 ounces caramels
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place caramels and condensed milk in heavy pan, cook over low heat, stirring often, till caramels are melted and blended well.
- While caramels are cooking --
- Place Crisco in heavy pan over low heat till melted -- set aside -- to cool.
- Beat sugar,and eggs and then add cocoa powder, milk and cooled crisco, blend well and set aside.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder and add t chocolate mixture, beating well.Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Place 2/3rds of batter into a greased 13x9" pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove brownie from oven and pour melted caramels over top, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of nuts.
- Drop remaining third of brownie batter by teapsoons over and smooth useing dampened hands or a knife -- and marbelize brownies.
- and smooth.
- Return to oven and cover with aluminum foil for 1 hour.
- refrigerate with foil for another hour or till cooled.
- Cut into bars.