1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Very old recipe from Libbie Wostrel via Ruth Moeller; she says it is like Cracker Jack; has burnt sugar flavoring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauce pan add brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and flavorings.
- 2Boil 5 minutes; stir so it doesn't burn.
- 3Take off heat and add baking soda.
- 4Pour over 5 cups popped corn; she adds 12 cups is what recipe says.
- 5Peanuts may be added but you could substitute other nuts if you wanted to.
- 6Put on a cookie sheet or two 9x12 pans.
- 7Bake; stir at least 2 times in 250 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour.
- 8After cooling can be stored in airtight containers.
- 9Sticky while hot but dry when cooled.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carmel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
burnt sugar flavoring