Recipe by Carleez_Noms
So...My boyfriend is Dutch-Indonesian and I've been trying to learn to cook Indo food for him - but I had two halves of chicken and a pantry full of miscellaneous ingredients. This is the result. Best served with rice.
- 2 chicken halves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 pinches powdered lemon grass (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 6 white peppercorns, crushed (with back of spoon is fine)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 ounces orange juice (orange cuties)
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil (if ya have it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse your chicken in cold water.
- Rub chicken with dry mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet to high on stovetop.
- Add oil.
- After oil is hot - add chicken and reduce to medium-high.
- Sear both sides of chicken.
- Splash half of Wet Mix over chicken and let chicken simmer on both sides (flip 'em) for about 15 seconds each.
- Pour all but the last 1/3 cup of liquid over chicken and move to oven.
- Baste with the rest of the Wet Mix after 15 minutes.
- Start your rice to eat this with!
- Cook for 10- 15 more minutes in the oven, depending on the size of your chicken.