1/1 Photo of Carleez Sweet Asian Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
So...My boyfriend is Dutch-Indonesian and I've been trying to learn to cook Indo food for him - but I had two halves of chicken and a pantry full of miscellaneous ingredients. This is the result. Best served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken halves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 pinches powdered lemon grass (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 6 white peppercorns, crushed (with back of spoon is fine)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1Rinse your chicken in cold water.
- 2Rub chicken with dry mix.
- 3Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Pre-heat cast iron skillet to high on stovetop.
- 5Add oil.
- 6After oil is hot - add chicken and reduce to medium-high.
- 7Sear both sides of chicken.
- 8Splash half of Wet Mix over chicken and let chicken simmer on both sides (flip 'em) for about 15 seconds each.
- 9Pour all but the last 1/3 cup of liquid over chicken and move to oven.
- 10Baste with the rest of the Wet Mix after 15 minutes.
- 11Start your rice to eat this with!
- 12Cook for 10- 15 more minutes in the oven, depending on the size of your chicken.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carleez Sweet Asian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1222.9
- Calories from Fat 771
- Total Fat 85.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 345.0 mg
- Sodium 7370.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 86.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce