Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe appeared in "Cooking Light" magazine.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 3 ounces ham, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, milk, coconut extract, white pepper and reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crabmeat and ham and the hot pepper sauce if using.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until meat is warmed through.
- Serve warm.