Recipe by Debbie R.
It doesn't get much more simple than this. It's from Mark Bittman's book, "The Best Recipes in the World". This has so few ingredients that it really does need to be made with homemade stock. If you want the creaminess of using cream, but not the fat, you could use skim-milk evaporated milk.
Top Review by Nif
This was yummy. I made it without the heat because I just didn't feel like it today, but it's nice to have that option. I think it would be really good with some cayenne or chili sauce. I made this for my fellow Kitchen Witch for ZWT5. Thanks!! :)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade (or vegetable stock)
- 1 cup milk (or cream)
- cayenne or hot red pepper flakes or Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peanut butter in food processor. Add onion. Process until well-combined. With the machine running, pour in stock.
- Put it in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer until it thickens, about 7 minutes. Stir occasionally; don't let it scorch. Slowly stir in milk or cream. Season with salt and cayenne. Serve with simple crackers.