Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Barbeques, Parties and Potlucks. Serve with black beans, salsa fresca and tortillas. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (3 medium limes)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- In small bowl, mix lime juice, oil, molasses, mustard, lime peel, garlic powder, pepper and salt with a wire whisk.
- Score steak across top.
- Pour lime juice mixture over steak, turning to coat all sides.
- Refrigerate 4-8 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Broil steak 3" from heat source, 3 minutes on each side for medium steak.
- Place on heated platter.
- Slice thinly on the diagonal.
- Serve garnished with lime wedges.
This is awesome! I used Key lime juice and didn't have any lime peel. I marinated it all day. Delish!! Thanks, Recipe Junkie!