Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sandwich really brings out a fresh and refreshing flavor. Sweet potatoe fries really makes a nice side to go with this. And a margarita or pina colada of course!! I can't take the credit for this sandwich as a friend made this for a national contest and it is excellent!!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped grilled chicken
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pineapple preserves
- 1 100% whole wheat sandwich thin roll
- 1⁄3 cup baby greens
- 4 slices avocados
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in peppers and onion. Cook 5-6 minutes stirring frequently until softened. Stir in chicken, lime juice and jerk seasoning until combined. In a small bowl stir together the cream cheese and pineapple preserves until combined. Spead cream cheese mixture on the inside of both halves of the sandwich thin roll. Place greens and avacado on bottom half, then add chicken-pepper mixture and toll with sandwich thin top.