Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs turkey breast, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Carefully bone turkey breast.
- Remove fillet from underside of breast by detaching the feather-shaped piece of boneless meat beside the breast bone.
- Cut remaining breast meat into 3 equal portions.
- In a plastic bag, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, sherry, oil, apricot jam, lemon juice, ginger and garlic; mix well to dissolve sugar.
- Prop bag in a bowll; add turkey, submerge in marinade.
- Marinade 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Broil or barbeque turkey 12 to 15 minutes, turning and brushing meat with marinade.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sliced fruit.