- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices in syrup, sliced and syrup reserved
- 2 ounces creamed coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 ounces red peppers, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and fry the chicken until browned. Add the curry powder and fry gently for another 2 minutes.
- Blend the cornstarch with a little of the pineapple syrup and then with the rest of the juice.
- Add this to the pan with the creamed coconut, water, honey, tomato paste and allspice.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the red pepper and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes before serving.