Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was on Food Network--it is a Scandinavian cookie.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus more for flattening cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted and chopped fine
- slivered almonds, for decorating cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together the butter, shortening and sugars and vanilla until the mixture is fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt.
- Blend into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls, place balls onto greased baking sheet, and flatten each ball with the bottom of a juice glass or cookie press dipped in granulated sugar.
- Arrange slivered almonds in a decorative star pattern on top of each cookie. B.
- Bake the cookies 18 minutes or so.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool.
Everyone here loved these delicious and ohhh so beautiful cookies. Easy to make too...what more could a body ask for? Will double, or triple recipe next time. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.