Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Cardamom Coffee Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (or 1 cup plain greek yogurt)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coffee extract (or 1 teaspoon expresso powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon water)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee, plus
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch loaf pan.
- combine dry ingredients (flour - cardamom).
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients (yogurt, 1 cup sugar - oil) and whisk. Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick or other tester. When cake is done let cool in pan 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In an saucepan add coffee and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves.
- When cake is still warm, poke holes in top of cake and pour coffee mixture over top. Let it soak in and let cake cool.
- To prepare icing: combine powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of coffee and a pinch of cardamom, stirring until smooth, adding more sugar if necessary to reach spreading consistency. When cake is cool drizzle icing over cake.