Cardamom Coffee Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch loaf pan.
- combine dry ingredients (flour - cardamom).
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients (yogurt, 1 cup sugar - oil) and whisk. Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick or other tester. When cake is done let cool in pan 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In an saucepan add coffee and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Heat until sugar dissolves.
- When cake is still warm, poke holes in top of cake and pour coffee mixture over top. Let it soak in and let cake cool.
- To prepare icing: combine powdered sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of coffee and a pinch of cardamom, stirring until smooth, adding more sugar if necessary to reach spreading consistency. When cake is cool drizzle icing over cake.