Recipe by JacquelineS
These are so yummy! A great cookie with tea or coffee, or after a rich meal. Especially good if you have freshly ground spices.
Top Review by HappyBunny
Awesome cookies!! I followed the recipe exactly and couldn't be happier with it. I increased the cinnamon because we are cinnamon addicts in this house :-) The cookies were light and buttery - delicious!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together dry ingredients, except sugar in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla, until fluffy.
- Reduce speed and beat in flour mixture.
- Roll into two 12-inch logs.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
- preheat oven to 350.
- Slice into 1/4-inch slices and bake on ungreased cookie sheets 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then move to racks.