Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is pretty much the quickest pasta dish I know how to make, plus it only uses one pot so there is little washing up to do. Really full of flavour, but it doesn't reheat all that well (it still tastes alright but isn't as good as fresh!), so it's best served immediately. If you would like to make it a chicken carbonara add 500g of chicken, cut into 3cm pieces, to the pan when you cook the bacon.
- 500 g penne pasta
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, approximately
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 3cm strips
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine the evaporated milk and paprika in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs and cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pot used to cook the pasta, add the bacon and cook over a high heat until done.
- Remove from heat and add the milk mixture to the bacon. Stir well and set aside.
- In one pot combine the add the pasta and egg mixture to the bacon/milk mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately.