Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Bon Appetit Feb. 2010. Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/2010/02/caraway_chicken_breasts_with_sweet_and_sour_red_cabbage#ixzz1gvTobcts
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon scant ground allspice, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 slice applewood-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup sliced shallot (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Sprinkle caraway and 1/4 teaspoon allspice on both sides of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook until crisp. Transfer to plate. Add chicken to drippings in skillet; sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; tent with foil. Add cabbage, shallots, broth, vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice to same skillet; cook over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced to glaze and cabbage is crisp-tender, 6 minutes. Mix in bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken; divide chicken and cabbage between 2 plates. Top with chives, if desired.