Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pumpkin pie is sooooo good. The caramelized pecans give a sweet crunch contrast to the spicy/creamy filling.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 sour cream pie crust (Sour Cream Pie Crust Dough)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 2⁄3 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream, whipped to peaks
- For crust: Sprinkle ½ of pecans onto lightly-floured surface. Place pie crust disk atop pecans and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick round. Transfer to 9 inch in diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Gently press into place. Trim and finish edges. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 400°F Whisk pumpkin, eggs, both sugars and spices in bowl to blend. Stir in cream and vanilla extract.
- Place tart pan on rimmed cookie sheet. Pour filling into pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool on rack. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead to this point).
- For topping: Combine sugar and pecans. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle topping evenly over tart. Broil until sugar melts and bubbles, watching carefully, about 1 minute. Cool 15 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.